Thursday, April 25, 2013

Lori Foster Reader/Author Get Together Guest Post: Comfort Reads by Julie Anne Lindsey




Please help me welcome author Julie Lindsey to A Buckeye Girl Reads! I had the honor of meeting her at my very first conference before she was published. This is one of the few times I get to say I knew her before she was famous! :) She's here today talking about comfort reads! 


Comfort Reads? Yes, please!
No matter how bad my day is, I can make it better with a book. Books are my friends. They fill the corners of my house. They’re tucked  into couch cushions, stacked on shelves and generally burdening every flat surface I own. Not to mention my Kindle library of awesome. Knowing I’m surrounded by words makes me happy. They’re like tiny get-away vehicles at the ready. Kids push my buttons? Hop inside. Hubsy got one too many complaints? Turn the ignition. Did someone say snow day? Gun it, sister! I’m curled in my favorite armchair, wrapped in an afghan, headed to my happy place in under a minute.
The destination of my getaway is almost always a YA novel. I have a few favorite cozy mystery authors, but YA is my escapism. No bills. No pervy boss or creepy ex-husband. Just romance, adventure and laughs. I think I love that best about YA. Laughing is my most favorite thing to do. Ever. And YA authors slip in the chuckles no matter what. World’s ending? It won’t stop the banter. I smile through the awkward and thank my stars I’m passed some of those awful firsts. At the same time, I envy the newness of life to teens. In my old age (shut up I’m like 30-something) I’m far enough down the road to know there’s so much more right around the corner for my book teens in crisis. I like that. Makes me feel like an oracle or something.
When it comes to YA, I’m equally drawn into contemporaries and pararoms. I shy away from dystopian and blame my 8th grade English teacher and her ongoing, relentless obsession with 1984, but everything else is my absolute favorite. Time travel? Yes, please! Aliens? Vampires? Mars? California? Check! Check! Check! Take me now! I’ve got my blanky. 

About Julie Anne Lindsey                                

I am a mother of three, wife to a sane person and Ring Master at the Lindsey Circus. Most days you'll find me online, amped up on caffeine & wielding a book. I write sweet romance for Honey Creek Books. I’m anticipating five releases in 2013, including two YA titles (1 mystery & 1 suspense) and my debut cozy mystery with Carina Press. I can’t wait to see what’s next.












Find Julie online: