Monday, March 25, 2013

Non Compliance: The Sector by Paige Daniels


Title: Non Compliance: The Sector
Author: Page Daniels
Genre: Science Fiction Romance
Publisher: Kristal Ink
Number of Pages: 262
Source: Author












Shea Kelly had a brilliant career in technology, but after refusing to implant an invasive government device in her body she was sent to a modern day reservation: a Non-Compliance Sector, a lawless community run by thugs and organized crime. She’s made a life for herself as a resourceful barkeep, and hacks for goods on the black market with her best friend Wynne, a computer genius and part-time stripper. Life is pretty quiet under the reigning Boss, apart from run-ins with his right hand man, the mighty Quinn: until Danny Rose threatens to take over the sector. Pushed to the edge, Shea decides to fight back …

I have to say that this book surprised me by how much I fell in love with it. I really wasn't sure what to expect going into the book and I have to say that the cover and blurb doesn't do it justice. The cover doesn't really fit the image I had of Shea-I'm pretty sure that she was described completely different then the cover model. Even though the cover and blurb don't let on how great the book is, this one you'll want to take a chance on. I felt like I was reading an Urban Fantasy with out the demons set in the future when I was reading Non Compliance: The Sector! 

Shea is as tough and independent as heroines get. We never really get her entire back story as to what  she she did before coming to live in the  NCS- (Non Compliance: The Sector)  only that it had something to do with technology. Everyone in the NCS has a secret and they don't give them out very easily.  

The NCS is pretty lawless, put people are protected by "The Boss." However, there is an upstart in town by the name of Danny who wants to take over that position and makes everyones life miserable in the process to get them on his side.  Danny was such an easy character to hate. He is so cringe-worthy.  He doesn't like Shea because she doesn't take any of his crap and tells him that she's already protected by the current Boss in town.   Shea on the other hand, was easy to like because of her take no prisoners attitude. She's not afraid to tell anyone off and I do love that in a heroine.

I have to say this book totally captured my heart  the first time Quinn made an appearance and started smirking at Shea for smart mouthed remarks.  He's your typical alpha male: a bit jerkish with an ego that won't stop, but secretly has a soft spot in his heart that he won't let anyone see. He instantly went on my book boyfriend list-he was just that hot! The secondary characters in this book are all equally lovable and hate-able! I can see them all becoming great book friends in the future. This book is full of non stop action and unforgettable characters. I really hope that there is a second book in this series, because the epilogue made me want more!!!  This is just one book you want to take a chance on, trust me.