Thursday, September 9, 2010

Review: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kawaga



Title: The Iron Daughter
Author: Julie Kagawa 
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy 
Series: Iron Fey #2










 May contain a few unintentional spoilers if you haven't read the Iron King. 



The world of the summer and winter fae has totally captivated me like very few series have before.  

This book picked up right where the first one ended, and a lot has changed for Meghan Chase over the last couple of months. She has fallen for a sworn enemy of the summer court-a boy who just happens to be a winter prince. She made a deal with him to stay in the Winter realm, but didn't realize just how the politics of the fae were, and feels abandoned and betrayed by the boy she loves.  When war breaks out between the two courts, she knows that the real danger lays with the Iron Fey, but no one on either court believes that they exist, let alone the battle  that was fought in the last book.  Ash, her winter prince is the only one on either side who believes her, but how can Meghan trust him again after his treatment of her in the Winter court?
 
 As a Team Ash member, I found this book to be just  heartbreakingly sad at times. I had to remind myself  that this was just a  young adult book, and I shouldn't let my emotions get all wrapped up in teenage drama, but i couldn't help it. I could just feel the pain that poor Meghan was going through. While I was glad to see the reappearance of Puck, he just annoyed the crap out of me for some reason. I loved Ironhouse, Grim and the Pouka. The side characters in this book were just great! They helped the story come along. 

The only problem I had with this book was I didn't understand the love all be all Meghan had for Ash. I understand they had gone through a  lot together, but the adult in me just had issues with it. The teen in me however, loved it.  This series is really one for all ages, and is not to be missed. I can't wait for the Iron Queen!