Saturday, June 5, 2010

Review: Laid Bare by Lauren Dane (erotica)


Title: Laid Bare
Author: Lauren Dane
Genre: Erotica
Sub Genre: Contemporary Romance




Whew! Does some one have a fan, because I think I'm still hot from reading this book! The love scenes in this book were Hawt, Hawt, Hawt! This was also my first book that featured m/m as part of any storyline.  I don't know why I've been so squeamish about reading an m/m story, but I just have been. What I liked best about it was that it was written so beautifully that the m/m storyline flows nicely with the rest of the story being told.

Laid Bare is the first book in the Brown Siblings series and tells the story of Erin.  Erin first meets Todd when she's in her 20s and he's living next door to her and her brother, Adrian. There's instant attraction, and the two have a quick fling. However, they are both stubborn and going different directions in life. The relationship ends, but neither one of ever completely forgets it. Flashforward 10 years, both have returned to Seattle to begin their lives over. Todd is getting over a divorce, and Erin is getting over a tragedy that changed her from who she used to be when Todd first met her.  Ben and Todd have been best friends forever, but both have a wilder kinky side that they never knew about. When Erin comes into their lives, both are attracted to her and she to them, and they come together and  have to decide what to do.....What I really liked was what a great emotional story this was. The story is  about not being afraid of who you are and accepting it no matter what everyone else thinks. I liked how strong, yet vulnerable all of the characters in the book were. Each has their own issues from their lives that they are trying to work out. The only thing that really bugged me was how the guys in Erins life sometimes didn't let her have some space-they always had to be there at any sign of trouble. It got to be a bit much for me by they end of the book.

The only problem I had with this book was that I read it directly after reading Coming Undone, the second book in this series. A bit of the drama didn't touch me as it otherwise would have because I knew how everything turned out. All in all though the entire series is totally I-need-a-fan-hawt! This book also means I finished two challenges: Pearls Contemporary Romance Challenge and Erotic Horizon's Erotica Challenge. I've decided to drop two other challenges as I know I won't get to them, so it leaves me with only two challenges left, yay!

Sigh Meter: Medium
Crush Meter: High (I loved both Todd and Ben)
Barrons Hero Hotness Meter: High
Sleep Meter: Medium
Sizzle Meter: Off the charts!!