Wednesday, June 9, 2010

3 Books I thought I would love

You might have noticed I haven't actually reviewed a book this week...the last book (Street Magic by Caitlin Kittredge ) I finished was good, but for some reason I'm having the hardest time writing a review for it, so I think I might wait until I read the second one before writing a review on it.

The Book List is hosted by the wonderful Rebecca over at Lost In Books. This weeks question is the opposite from last weeks and asks:
What were 3 books you thought you'd love but didn't?

1. Halfway to The Grave by Jeaniene Frost I've heard such great things about chapter 32 in the second book, that I thought I would give this series a try-especially as Bones gets as much love as Barrons from Karen Marie Monings Fever series does. However, this book was a did not finish for me. I don't know if it's because the book is set where I live-Ohio-or what, but I really didn't like Cat or Bones. 

2. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris-Sookie Stackhouse #1 . I love books about vampires, and I really thought I would become as addicted to this series as everyone else is. However, I put it down during the middle of the book, and haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. (Someday I'll try a re-read)

3. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield -This book got great reviews, and I read this along with Heidenkind for our Romance Readers Anonymous book club. I still can't believe the author got such a huge advance for this! I was bored and figured out the mystery way too early in the book. It's one of the few books I've given a one star to on Goodreads. 

What are 3 books that you thought you would love but didn't?