Monday, April 5, 2010

ARC Review-Rampant by Saskia Walker


Title: Rampant
Author: Saskia Walker
Genre: Erotica, Paranormal Romance
Obtained: ARC from NetGalley






This book pulled me in so completely I didn't even notice how uncomfortable my computer chair was. I was drawn to this book because of the paranormal aspects of the book. I'm not even sure how to describe this book except to say, it sizzles!  I never thought of myself as a blusher when it comes to reading erotica, but I must say I found myself doing that a lot while reading this great story.

Zoe Daniels arrives in Scotland on vacation and immediately feels a pull to the area unlike she's ever felt before. She's attracted to three very different men-Grayson Murdoch, her attractive neighbor,  Cain Davot, the restaurant who might not be what he seems, and seems to know a lot about her, and Crawford Logan, who is a boat builder.  Her cottage is charged with an energy that Zoe doesn't understand, but somehow ever since she arrived in Carnaby, she's felt and acted on desire like she never has before. The question is-can she trust Cain, Crawford or Grayson? Then Zoe learns that her cottage is rumored to be haunted-by an 18th century ghost, Annabel who just happened to be a witch who was known to have her pick of men. Even though Zoe begins to have encounters that she doesn't understand, she refuses to be that it's paranormal-but strange events can't be ignored, so she turns to her neighbor Grayson for help, and he helps her with much more then understanding the paranormal events happening in Zoe's cottage.


If I had this book in paperback form I think I would have devoured this book in one sitting. It's one of those books that just pull you right in. I wasn't prepared for how well, sizzling the love scenes were-but you know something, they all fit with the story...there was a tiny bit of everything: m/m, (very briefly) and few almost w/w scenes. I really liked Zoe and could feel the turmoil she was dealing with-everything from the recent death of her mother, to the weird stuff happening in her vacation cottage, to being drawn to three different guys. There were two scenes with marmalade and wine, that made me go "why haven't I ever thought of that?"  This book also has flashbacks from Annabel's life, and I have to say I loved that storyline-and the paranormal aspect of just made the story that much more compelling.

If you are squeamish when it comes to steamy (and I mean steamy) love scenes in your romances, I'd stay away from this book, but if you're like me a like a good steamy sizzling love scene then I highly recommend this book for you! You can find an excerpt of the book at Saskia's Walker website-here :)

-Thank you to everyone who recommended NetGalley-I can't believe it took me so long to try it!
-A Buckeye Girl Reads is now on Facebook :)


Sigh Meter: Medium
Swoon Meter: Medium
TV Meter:  Low-Had to turn it off for this one...
Sleep Meter: Medium-but only b/c it was an ebook. If it had been a paperback, I'd have been up way tooo late!
Sizzle Meter: Off the charts :)
Challenges counted toward:
Photobucket  
7/10 Read  Erotica Challenge  


Photobucket 
3/4 Read Typically British Challenge