Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Couple New Challenges

 I'm not sure why I keep joining so many challenges. I think I might be a challenge addict. I think the best things about the different challenges I've been in is not only the different authors & books I've read that I normally wouldn't, but other reviewers whose blogs I wouldn't know were out there. I love how everyone encourages each other on in completing whatever challenge you're in. The two challenges I've decided to join since finishing the Arthurian Challenge and The Take A Chance Challenge are: The Christmas Reading Challenge and The Outlander Reading Challenge. 



The first challenge I found was the Christmas Reading Challenge hosted by The True Book Addict.  The contest runs from Thanksgiving Day to New Years Eve.  The rules are simple: You can read one to however many you want to up until the end of the contest and books must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore or a book of Christmas short stories (sorry, no children's books, but YA novel is okay). I haven't decided what books I'm going to read yet, but I need something to remind me what the holiday season is all about.


The second challenge I'm joining is the Outlander Challenge hosted by Sapphire Romance.  I've been meaning to re-read these books forever and this gives me a great excuse to do so! Jamie Fraser sets the meter for the original swoon-worthy and sigh worthy hero.The rules for this challenge are to read all 7 Outlander books by Diana Gabalon from Nov 17 2009 to Nov 17 2010. (Confession: As much as I love Jamie & Claire I've only read the first 4.Tragic, isn't it?)

I can't wait to get started on these challenges!