Monday, December 1, 2014

Review: Universal Alien by Gini Koch


Title: Universal Alien
Author: Gini Koch
Series: Katherine "Kitty" Katt #10
Genre: Science Fiction
Publisher: DAW
Number of Pages: 544
Release Date: December 2, 2014
Source: Publisher











Issues with Australia need to be straightened out, so the White House sends the Vice President and his wife, aka Jeff and Kitty Katt-Martini, over to handle the situation. But before Kitty can make things worse, she’s suddenly in another world -- one where she’s been married to Charles Reynolds for years and aliens don’t exist. Kitty’s not the only one confused, because the Kitty from that world has taken her place in this one. Can they both save their respective days before it’s too late to go home to the universes they belong to, or will one Kitty decide to keep the other’s life… forever?



I can't believe that this is the tenth book in the Katherine "Kitty" Katt series by Gini Koch. Where has the time go? Normally by this point in a series, I've stopped reading because the plots get recycled and the love interest still hasn't been resolved. Not so with this series! I really didn't know how Gini would be able to top the last couple of books, but she did with this one.

I love how she is able to bring life into this series by providing a huge twist, and honestly I can't believe I didn't guess what was going to happen from the title of the book! Throughout the series Kitty has talked about there being multiple universes, and I'm glad that we got to experience one. I can't say much about this book without giving anything away, but there are classic Kittyisms, great music playlists and lots of action and twists you just don't see coming. 

I think that what I loved most about this book was that it gave Chuckie fans a glance to see what could've been, and for Jeff fans to see what life would be like without him in it. There is just so much goodness in this book, and so many characters that I wanted to hug.  

This is not a book that can be read on it's own-I highly recommend reading the others in this series first, otherwise there are bits and pieces that just won't be fixed, If you haven't started the series, the books are fast reads and have so many laugh out loud moments in them.   

Universal Alien is so far my favorite book of the year, and Koch's writing just gets better and better with each book. You just never know what will happen next. The pages practically turn on their own.