Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dewey's Read A Thon: Hour 15

I'm so excited that the Read A Thon is finally here. I'm going to be doing all of my updates in this post.

Hour 15:
I've managed to read a bit of Cold As Ice by Anne Stuart, but honestly the reading mojo is not here today. It was just the end of a very hard, long week for me-I guess something had to give eventually.

Hour 11 update:

I've gotten almost nothing read, but I blame that totally on the baby shower and reading slump.  Nothing I've read lately has stuck past the dreaded 60% mark. I lose all interest no matter what the genre. I just started Cold As Ice by Anne Stuart, and have high hopes for that one. Does any one have any good books recs for me?


Hour one:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I'm in Ohio, and I'll be reading inside today as it's supposed to be rainy and chilly. Perfect reading weather! 

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I'm most looking forward to Unidentifiable Funny Objects 3-a sci fi anthology, which my boss Gini Koch has a story in.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I kinda forgot about snacks this year. I'm going to have to go to the story after the baby shower I'm going to and get some brownies and other junk food!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I never know what to say here! This is my first read a thon in a long while due to a change in jobs. Retail is not fun! I am a proud pet mom and auntie. My nephew who is two,  just discovered his first must read over and over again book-Pete The Cat and I couldn't be prouder!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?  I never participate in as many memes as I want to, so this year I'm going to take the time do that & talk o twitter. My advice: Have fun with the read a thon. Don't beat yourself up over the number of pages read. (Or not read.)