Monday, February 10, 2014

To My Mom

If you notice a break in posts, this is why...

My mom passed away unexpected on January 27th. She had a head cold, but wasn't really sick. We aren't sure what happened, expect that she was taken from us too soon.  She did one guest post on my blog for Finger Lickin' Fifteen, and it's still the most comments I've ever gotten on one post. It's here.

This is for her.


Thank you for always being there for me, even when I was a brat.
Thank you for always listening to all of my complaints, even when they were silly.
Thank you for always being there when I needed a shoulder to cry on, even if it was just a stubbed toe.
Thank you for always picking up after me, and for telling me not to be so lazy.
Thank you for always taking my call, no matter how ridiculous the conversation was.
Thank you for loving me unconditionally, even when I had to get the last word in.

I wish I had said I love you more.
I wish I had hugged you more as an adult.
I wish I had listened to your advice more often.
I wish I had done more spontaneous gift giving to you.
I wish I had said thank you for all the little things you did.
I  wish I hadn't always had to have the last word when fighting.