Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Review: Accidentally On Purpose by L.D. Davis


Title: Accidentally On Purpose
Author: L.D. Davis
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Self Published
Number of Pages: 346
Source: My Copy
Emmy thinks her boss Kyle Sterling of Sterling Corporations is a jerk. So, she sleeps with him. Emmy tries to put the mistake behind her, but then finds herself snowed in with Kyle. As the snow builds, so does the heat in the house between the two. The problem is that Kyle has a steady girlfriend that he is unwilling to break up with. Emmy cuts Kyle off and starts dating Luke. Even as their relationship takes off, Emmy is finding Kyle hard to shake. He is blatant in his feelings and desires for Emmy, putting her in an awkward situation. She tries hard to resist Kyle, but deep down inside Emmy's motives are shady. When Emmy succumbs to her hidden feelings for Kyle without setting Luke free, devastating consequences ensue. In addition to her two men, Emmy daydreams about doing violent things to her loud mouthed, opinionated mother. With some humor and sarcasm, and of course, some tequila, Emmy's world will flip upside down as she deals with the results of "accidentally on purpose" falling for two men at once



This is one of those books where you just keep going What the fuck? Every other chapter. It's like watching a train wreck-you know it's going to end badly, but you can't stop reading it. This book deals with a lot of issues, and isn't for everyone.

About halfway through I went to buy the second book in this series, and I thought the blurb on the book would ruin the rest of the book for me. It did a little, but there were enough twists and turns that I wasn't sure how Emmy was going to end up with who she did. There was a love triangle in this book, and honestly it was done really well. While I was cheering on for Kyle, he did some acts (I don't want to spoil anything) that were just unacceptable and made me switch loyalties which rarely if ever happens to me in a love triangle  I didn't really buy into her relationship with Luke even though he was a great guy and perfect for her. Kyle was just so broken that I wanted to give him a hug even though was as Emmy calls him in a book a dick-I had so many conflicting emotions about this book that I ended up loving it just for that reason alone.

I honestly can't wait to read the second book in the series just because of all of the unresolved issues that are there with the main character in the book. This is one book I'm glad I took a chance on.