Monday, June 24, 2013

Savin' Me by Alannah Lynne


Title: Savin' Me
Author: Alannah Lynne
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Heat Wave #1
Number of Pages: 188
Publisher: Alannah Lynne
Source: Author












One step away from the coveted Vice Presidency of her firm, the last thing Kat Owens needs is the distraction of a man. Her client, Erik Monteague, disagrees. He’s charming, sexy, seductive, and impossible to ignore or refuse. After succumbing to his advances, Kat’s forced to choose between her career and the man she’s fallen for... while knowing even her love might not be enough to save him from self-destructing.

While Erik’s perfectly executed seduction gets Kat into his bed, the end result is more than he bargained for. Having spent the past ten years wallowing in guilt and self-loathing over his fiancĂ©e’s tragic death, falling in love is unacceptable. However, Kat’s passionate, loving nature dissolves the carefully constructed walls guarding his heart, forcing him to face his tragic past and make a decision... spend the rest of his life running, or risk being devastated by love again.




When I first read the description of Savin' Me, I was a little worried because the basic plot of choosing between a career vs a guy seemed a bit old fashioned. I am glad I took a chance on this one, though because I ended up loving this book. I can't tell you exactly what made me love Savin' Me so much, but love it I did. I grew attached to all the characters in the book, and was pleasantly surprised that there was a lot more beneath the surface when it came to Kat having to choose between her career and her guy then just that. It was a battle of ethics and more about willing to take the chance on following your dreams rather then what you've been told is the right course and getting the guy at the same time.

Both Erik and Kat had a lot of heart, and managed to be vulnerable yet strong at the same time.  Both were afraid to take chances on love, and it was painful at times to watch them fight the chemistry that was flying off the pages. I just wanted to shake some sense into both of them!!

Savin' Me was the perfect summer read-it was light, sweet and hot. I am really glad that I took a chance on it and this managed to get me out of the reading slump I was in for all of May and most of June!