Monday, September 24, 2012

Fearless by Christine Rains




Title: Fearless 
Author: Christine Rains 
Genre: Paranormal Romance 
Publisher: Self Published
Number of pages: 41 
Source: author








 
Abby White was seven years old when she killed the monster under her bed. Now she slays creatures spawned by the fertile imaginations of children, and the number of these nightmares are on the rise. Neither she nor her guide - a stuffed hippo named Tawa - know why. When she rescues Demetrius from an iron prison, he pledges his life to protect hers until he can return the favor. She doesn't want the help. And how can she concentrate on her job when the gorgeous wild fae throws himself in front of her during every fight? No matter how tempting, she can't take the time to lose herself to him. To save the children and all she loves, Abby must be truly 
Fearless.



Fearless was a joy to read. It was a breath of fresh air to read because the plot was so original.   loved that the heroine chased demons from children's nightmares. I loved the chemistry between Demetrius and Abby.  I loved that he broke through her barriers and let her know that it was ok to relay on someone else and not just herself.  I also enjoyed how Abby didn't let him do everything for her, even though he tried his hardest to. 

The character that  I loved the best though, was the stuffed hippo Tawa. She was just hilarious. She was there to keep Abby on track and let her know what was what. I also like how she didn't trust Demetrius right away and wasn't afraid to let Abby know it.   

The only problem I had with this book is nowhere is Abby's age mentioned. She was living on her own, but I couldn't figure out if she was college aged or slightly older. It made it hard to get behind the romance 100% just because of that little reason. I know it's something that shouldn't bother me, but it did. Other then that though, this was a fun, fast read and I can't wait to read more by this author. :)