Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Vodoo Deadly by Sibel Hodge




 Title: Voodoo Deadly
Author: Sibel Hodge 
Series: Amber Fox #3
Genre: Chick Lit/Mystery 
Publisher: Self Published
Number of Pages: N/A E book 
Source: Sent from the author




 
Feisty insurance investigator Amber Fox is back in her deadliest case ever…
When Chantal Langton, the daughter of a famous voodoo high priestess, goes missing, is it a simple case of a rich girl running off for some adventure, or is there something far more sinister going on? Soon Amber’s slap bang in the middle of voodoo curses, a trail of missing women, and a labyrinth of deceit. And, if that wasn’t enough, to add more distraction to the case, her ex-fiancĂ©-turned boss-turned fiancĂ© again is pressing her to set the wedding date. Can Amber find Chantal and hunt down a cold-blooded killer before her life comes crashing down around her?


This review is long over due, and I have to admit I'm sorry I waited so long to read this book because out of all the Amber Fox mysteries, this one was my favorite.

Amber is just a fun heroine. She's witty, smart, and can kick some major butt without any help. There's really nothing not to love about this series. I really wasn't sure if I would like the vodoo theme, but really it's done quite well, and and I really liked the mystery of what happened to Chantal. For me though, what has really won me over about this series are the secondary characters. They are wonderfully funny, zaney, and lovable. I have to say it's a toss up as to who my favorite is: Tia, the receptionist, Ambers Dad or Marmalade the cat. However, there is one character who tops them all: Brad. I love how he lets Amber do her own thing, but still has her back at all times. He's just so sigh worthy.


T.here are so many twists and turns that as soon as I thought I had the mystery figured out something else would happen and I would have to start all over again trying to figure out who was behind everything.  The list of suspects is long and it's not long before Amber finds herself in tough situations. No matter how smelly or awful things get, she pulls through like a trooper.

This is one of the best mystery series I've read in a long time, and I can't wait to read more mysteries with Amber and the gang.