Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Tell It To The Marine by Heather Long


Title: Tell It To The Marine
Author: Heather Long
Series: Always A Marine #3 
Genre: Erotica/Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
 Number of Pages: Ebook
Source: Sent from the Publisher




 
This was the first book in the Always A Marine series that I have read. It worked well as a stand alone, and I didn't feel like I missed anything by not reading the first two books. This book was also a bit different then the normal 1 Night Stand books. It started out slow, and introduced us to PFC James Westwood, a clinical psychologist who is with a patient of his who needs help. I trouble figuring out where this would fit into the story, but the patient plays a major role near the end of the story. James is nervous about his 1 Night Stand-he signed up for Madame Eve's service only because his Captain encouraged everyone in his unit to do it after finding success with it.


James is surprised to learn that his date for the evening is none other then one of his favorite movie stars, Lauren Kincaid. Lauren signed up for the service because she was tired of dating people in the movie industry and wanted someone who would like her for her and not want or expect a favor from her.  Their date starts off well, then James gets a call that one of his patients is in trouble and has to leave. Lauren goes with him and is able to help out with the tough situation. Lauren and James were both really likable characters. I liked how they didn't rush right into things, (well, not as soon as others in this series have) and the Marine storyline was refreshing. The one small problem I had was I had a little trouble feeling these two as a couple and I think that it's because this read more like a Contemporary Romance to me then an erotica. (Contemporary Romance & I still aren't getting along.) That being said though, it was a sweet, compelling story that will stick with you. This book made me want to go back and read the other two Marine stories in this series. If you are looking for a different kind of erotica, then I highly recommend Tell It To The Marine.