Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Heart Signs by Cari Quinn


Title: Heart Signs 
Author: Cari Quinn 
Genre: Erotica/Contemporary Romance 
Publisher: Ellora's Cave 
Source: Author








The heart has a language all its own...
Rory Fowler has taken Sam Miller's billboard orders for the last two years, but they aren't to advertise they're love notes to his wife. Sam's most recent billboard about his wife's passing hits Rory hard. When she calls Sam to offer condolences, it sets off an unexpected chain of events that ends with Rory in Sam's apartment-and his arms.
Reading Sam's love letters tugs Rory into the romance between him and his estranged, now-deceased, wife. Their lives soon intertwine so completely that Rory wonder how she'll ever forget the man who makes poetry out of emotions she's fought to dismiss. And plays her body even more skillfully that he writes love notes.
Consumed by guilt and grief, Sam is shocked by the feelings Rory arouses in him, sexually and otherwise. Now he's not thinking about yesterday as much as he's looking forward to tomorrow. He's just not sure if he's capable of moving on...or if the woman who helped him find the will to really live again will be by his side. (goodreads)



Heart Signs is one of the best romances I've read in a long, long time. I loved everything about it. It made me sigh, cry and then needed  a fan to cool me down from the erotic scenes. I know that's what romances are supposed to do, but so many of them haven't lately.

I was really hesitant to start this book because I was a little leery of the whole widower story line. But you know what? I had nothing to worry about because it was beautifully written.  Sam isn't sure he is ready to move on, and Rory isn't sure she wants anything serious. It's hard to say what I loved more the tender moments with Sam when he was grappling with getting over the death of his wife, or the free spiritidness of Rory.

Both characters are so likable and different that their relationship just worked for me. Rory made me laugh out loud, and I loved how Sam touched nerves that and made her want things she didn't know she wanted. I equally love how she did the same thing to Sam, only on a different level.What also made this book different was that while there were a few outside characters, it was mainly all about Sam and Rory. Sometimes when a plot only revolves the main couple, it can get boring, however this one never did and just pulled on my heart strings.

I wasn't expecting all the different emotions that hit me while reading this book. It was just sweet, which you don't find very often in this genre. One never knows what to expect when opening a book by Cari Quinn, but I can guarantee it will be hot, steamy, and not your ordinary erotica.



Curran Crush Meter: High 
Martini Sigh Meter: High 
Barrons Hero Hotness Meter: High 
Sizzle Meter: High