Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday Chatter: Couples in series



I know I said this feature would only be once a month, but who knew I had so much to say about different book topics? Not me, lol.

Today I'm talking about book couples. Right now I'm reading Alien Diplomacy by Gini Koch and realized it's one of the few series, where the couple is married and happily together by book five. This is just one of the reasons why I love this series so much. Another one of my favorite series, Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews is another one where the hero/heroine actually get together and while I haven't read book 5 yet, I'm assuming they are still together. There are a few series where the indecision works. Two that instantly come to mind for this are the Secret McQueen Series by Sierra Dean and the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones.

One of my book pet peeves is when couples go back forth throughout the whole series. One example that comes to mind is The  Chicagoland Vampire Series by Chloe Neill. I love Ethan and Merit, but that series is now on book five, and they still aren't together.  It's so frustrating to me because even though I know this is an Urban Fantasy series, I think that by book five the couple featured should at least have more then a few moments of happiness together. Although, from what I understand poor Stephanie Plum still hasn't decided between Ranger and Morelli yet and it's on book 18. This leaves me with the following question:

 How many books does it take for you to get fed up that the hero/heroine aren't together yet?