Monday, February 6, 2012

Review: Part Time Lovers I & II By Josee Renard

You know those books that some how fall through the cracks, and after you read them you wonder how that could have happened? These two novellas are like that. I'm just sorry I didn't get to these sooner because they were a perfect: hot, steamy read on a night when I was super tired and needed a pick me up.

Title: That's What Friends Are For 
Author: Josee Renard 
Genre: Erotica (m/f)
Series: Part Time Lovers, Book 1 (out of 5) 
Publisher: Cobblestone Press 
Source: Advanced Review Copy sent by Author





 Book One is That's What Friends Are For introduces us to Mercy and Jules. They have been best friends since they were in high school. They've done everything together.  He and Mercy have started their own internet dating site. It's not your typical dating site-it's for people who want a fling or a date for the night. Jules has been moping around the office, and Mercy is sick of it. She thinks it's effecting business and is determined to do something about it. She fixes him up with a women who placed an ad. This novella is super short, but lets just say the sex scenes were hot! I liked how we got to know these two through flashbacks, and both are super likable. This was a short read and I had it read in under 20 minutes.


Title: Treat Myself 
Author: Josee Renard
Genre: Erotica (M/M. M/f/M)
Series: Part Time Lovers #2 
Publisher: Cobblestone Press 
Source: Advanced Review Copy Sent from the author





Treat myself focuses on Mercy. She's happy that Jules has stopped mopping around the office,  but wants some fun for herself. She answers an ad that two men have placed on the website looking for a female to join them. Out of the two books this one was my favorite. The guys are very shy about being together and Mercy realizes this and helps them overcome it. It was tender and hot at the same time. Like the first book, this one was super short and I had it read in under 20 minutes. I have to say that I can't wait to read the rest of the series, and I just love how fast they are to read. Sometimes it's hard to feel a connection to the characters when the novellas are this short, but such isn't the case here. Jules and Mercy are great and I can't wait to see what kind of fun they get into next.

Erotica Meter: 

Hottie Meter: High
Heroine Meter: High 
Sizzle Meter: High
Sigh Meter: low