Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Review: How to Worship A Goddess by Stephanie Julian


Title: How to Worship A Goddess 
Author: Stephanie Julian 
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Forgotten Goddesses #2 
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Number of Pages: 384 
Source: Sent










He's exactly what she's always wanted. And she unleases him like a force of nature...
Lucy was once the beloved Goddess of the Moon, and she could have any man she wanted. But these days, the goddesses of the Etruscan pantheon are all but forgotten. The only rituals she enjoys now are the local hockey games, whereone ferociously handsome player still inflames her divine blood...
Brandon Stevenson is one hundred percent focused on the game, until he looks up and sees a celestial beauty sitting in the third row. A man could surely fall hard for a distraction like that (goodreads)


How to Worship A Goddess was such a fun read. The heroine and hero were both really likable, strong and knew what they wanted. I loved that Lucy and Brandon didn't fight the entire book.  A nice twist was that this was another book where the point of view was mainly told from the guys. Lucy's voice was there, but I liked how we learned everything from Brandon. This was a nice way to introduce things that happened in the first book without having an information overload on the reader.

Lucy and Brandon had a lot of chemistry and I loved the sex scenes between the two. The only thing was that I wish there had been a little bit more action with the villains of the story. This book felt like it was bridge book to continue this series and her Luciani Lovers series. I was ok with that though because we got to know more about Cat and Ty from the aforementioned series. What I liked about was that characters from that series added a nice bonus to those who follow both of these series. However, their story lines pertained to this series, so if you aren't familiar with the other series nothing was lost by not having the knowledge of previous story lines.   

One of my favorite quotes was from Brandon who when meeting Cal from book one went "Who are you? Captain Jack Harness?" It was a nice shout out to one of my favorite shows, Torchwood.  If I hadn't already been won over by him, that line alone would have done it. :)

How to Worship A Goddess made me want the next book in the series like yesterday and I absolutely can not wait for Cat and Ty's story. We also had a brief appearance from the King and I am really hoping he gets his own book someday. :)


Curran Crush Meter: High (I so want my own hockey player now!)
Barrons Hero Hotness Meter: High 
Martini Sigh Meter: Medium 
Sizzle Meter: High 
Finn Sidekick Meter: High 
Rhiannon Kick Ass Heroine Meter: Medium