Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Review: Jane Austen Made Me Do It edited by Laurel Ann Nattress




Title: Jane Austen Made Me Do It 
Author: Edited by Laurel Ann Nattress 
Genre: Mix of Historical Romance, Contemporary Romance, Mystery, Fiction, Young Adult
Publisher: Ballatine Books
Number of Pages: 448












Jane Austen Made Me Do It was another Anthology that I loved.  I found  that my favorite stories where the ones that were set in the present day and had to do with Jane Austen rather then the ones that were spin offs of the books or had Jane Austen as the main character in them. That's the great thing about this book-there is a little bit of everything for everyone. :)

My favorites:

A Night at Northanger by Lauren Willig~This author is best known for her Pink Carnation series and I can't believe I haven't read anything by her before. In this story Cate is with a team of investigators that are looking for ghosts at Northhanger Abbey. The heroine isn't a believer in the supernatural until something happens that changes her mind. While I haven't read the Pink Carnation series, I have a feeling this is really different, but it still makes me want to go back and read it! 


Jane Austen and The Mistletoe Kiss by Jo Beverly-This is another author I will be reading more of because of this anthology. This is a historical romance about a widowed mother, and I loved that about it. This short story made me want to read more books with a holiday theme. :) 

When Only A Darcy Will Do by Beth Patillo-This is an author I've actually read before!  This is set in the present day. It's about a college student studying in London who starts a Jane Austen tour to make extra money. This was cute because it has to do with Darcy and all our fascination with him and the lengths one guy will go to impress a girl. 


Me and Mr. Darcy~Again by Alexandra Potter- I was so surprised to see this sequel to Me and Mr. Darcy in the book. I read Me and Mr. Darcy for the Jane Austen challenge awhile back and loved seeing Skip and Emily again.  This was just a fun follow up to one of my favorite books. 



Faux Jane by Diane Meier and Frank Delaney writing as F.J. Meier- I have no idea how to explain this without giving everything away. I'll just say that I enjoyed it immensely!



This book was a lot of fun to read and come back on 10/18 when I interview the editor of Jane Austen Made Me Do It and giveaway a copy of it. :)