Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Review: Entangled-An Anthology by Edie Ramer, Misty Evans and more

 



Title: Entangled
Authors:Numerous 
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Authors 4 the Cure 
Source: Sent by one of the authors 


ALL PROCEEDS GO TOWARDS BREAST CANCER RESEARCH!













Warning: This is one big gushfest. It begins with the cover which makes me wish it were available in paperback and not just an ebook and ends with how delightful all the halloween based novellas were. I'm just going to highlight some of my favorites below.


Halloween Frost by Jennifer Estep-This was the shortest story in the anthology, and one I wanted to be the longest. This takes place right after Touch of Frost and before Kiss of Frost. Gwen and her friends go to town to get some halloween goodies from the shops that offer them. However, nothing goes as planned and they are attacked by some mythological creatures that are out to get them. I loved this because we got to see my favorite Spartan, Logan! All this novella did was make me count the days until I can read book two in the Mythos Academy series!




Medium Rare by Nancy Haddock This author was new to me, and I enjoyed this story so much that I immediately got her  The Oldest City Vampire trilogy from the library. Colleen Cotton lives in St Augustine Florida and is contacted by a paranormal investigator  who she swore never to work with again after he and his team accused her of trying to pull a fast one on her clients instead of helping them. However, she takes on the case because something is scaring the ghosts of the city and together they have to find out what it is. I just loved everything about this short story-the main characters had chemistry and the secondary characters were just lovable.

Sweet Demon by Misty Evans I have to admit that I was a tad disappointed when I discovered that this wasn't a Witche's Anonymous story.However that quickly changed when I met Cali and Rad. I fell in love with them both instantly, and am glad we are going to be seeing more of them!  Cali is being forced by the Vampire King of Chicago to join his ranks and she won't have it. She's a vengeance demon and doesn't like to admit she needs help. But she does need help and the only one willing to helpt is her ex, Rad.-a half human, half chaos demon. It's hard to believe that after one short story that Rad almost qualifies as a book boyfriend, but it's true-he's just that good. 

A Bit of Bite by Cynthia Eden
  I think I'm one of the few people who haven't read this author before. After reading this I've gotta wonder why! Ava is the sheriff of Crossroads Mississippi and a killer is loose on the town. It looks like a werewolf is doing it, and all signs point to a werewolf she had a fling with awhile back-Julian Kasey. She soon realizes that it's not him and the two work together to find out who is behind the killings and setting up the werewolves to take the blame. I just loved the tension between Ava and Julian and loved the creepy secondary characters. 


Sinfully Sweet by Michelle Miles This is another new to me author who I now have to read more of! Chloe is a witch who runs a bakery and ads a touch of magic to her baked goods to make people happy. She's on the run from her coven since her sister was murdered. It turns out that the people who killed her sister are after her and she didn't hide well enough, because she's discovered by Edward. He's half demon and half witch and totally yummy. The ending came much to fast for me, and found myself wanting a lot more of these two!

A Night of Forever  by Lori Brighton
Confession: I didn't read this one because I have book one in the series waiting for me to read on my kindle, and am a stickler about how I read series. It looked so good that I am moving the books in this series up in my tbr pile! 


 
This anthology surprised me because I found so many new authors who I now want to read more of! Normally in anthologies I find myself being disappointed because the stories are so short. While the stories in this anthology were short, they were all really well written and I found myself looking forward to the next one in line.  Even though this book was sent to me to read by one of the authors, I bought a copy of it because all the proceeds go to Breast Cancer Research, and you can't beat donating to a great cause like that.