Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Book Tour Review: Paranormal Pleasures by Roxanne Rhoads




Title: Paranormal Pleasures 
Author: Roxanne Rhoads
Genre: Erotica/ Paranormal Romance 
Source: Sent to me by Bewitching Book Tours to read


 



Ten tantalizing, erotic tales of vampires, witches and demons grace the pages of this short story collection by Roxanne Rhoads.Step into the darkness and let these tales tempt and tease to satisfy your paranormal cravings.Eight of Roxanne Rhoads’ previous eBook publications appear in this collection, along with two brand new, never before published tales of supernatural love and lust. (from goodreads.com)

 
What I really liked about this anthology is that is has something for everyone. The stories are really steamy. There are menages that feature a little bit of everything-warning there are a few stories that featured female/female leads in the menages  that I wasn't expecting, but they were so well written that I was able to enjoy them.  This isn't all about menages though-there are some couple stories that are just as hot as the menages.  The stories are all short, so this is the perfect read when you are looking for something quick and fun. There are vampires, mermaids, witches and ghosts-in other words something for everyone. :)

Here are the ones I liked the best: 



A Last Goodbye-This is was the first female/male/female menage that I've ever read. Normally I stick to male/male/female and this one was mainly a female/female it It's about Marissa who just discovered she's a witch. Deirdre is a vampire who is paired up with Marissa to help her teach her magic. When Marissa's at a nightclub, she discovers Deirdre with her ex-boyfriend, Jeff. I didn't expect to like this novel because I usually only like my menages m/f/m but this one was really well done and super hot. It was really short, so there was much of a story outside of the bedroom, but it worked well for the story, and just left me wanting more of it..and I was glad that I had 9 stories to satisfy my need for more. :)

Overkill-Vanessa's boyfriend, Simon is a vampire. He makes her so mad all the time that she keeps killing him every time she thinks he's cheating on her.  I liked these two because Vanessa didn't take any crap, and Simon kept trying to win her over and did all the chasing.

Halloween to Remember- Adena, Martin and Chrissy were all friends. Martin and Chrissy always threw wild Halloween parties where you never knew what would happen. They recently renovated an old Victorian house, and as Chrissy gives Adena a tour of the house, when they get to the library she sees a totally hot guy and asks who he is. Only Adena is the only one who can see him.  The conversation quickly changes and the two go back to the party-where wild sex games occur.  There were threesomes happening all around her, but the weren't really her thing so she passed and kept looking for the right hook up guy. She finally meets the mystery guy she saw earlier in the library and the attraction is instant.  But how can she be in love with a ghost? This story has a little bit of everything in it. It has f/f and everything inbetween. : )
  Favorite quote:
"His body curled around hers as he whispered in her ear, “Bring me back. Love me and bring me back. If your love is strong enough, I can be yours, forever.”That was the last thing Adena remembered."

I can't say anything more without ruining the short story, but this one really was my favorite of the bunch. These novellas are not for the faint of heart, but if you are looking for some hot & steamy paranormal romance stories then look no further!  Come back this afternoon when I interview Roxanne Rhoades & enter a giveaway for an ebook copy of this anthology.