Thursday, March 3, 2011

Review: Wicked Souls by Misty Evans


 Title: Wicked Souls
Author: Misty Evans
Publisher: Self Published
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Witches Anonymous # 3
Number of Pages: 53
Source: Sent to me by the author to read







I just adore this paranormal romance series. Wicked Souls is the third novella in the Witches Anonymous series, but it can be read as a stand alone book. Amy is a recovering witch. She's almost reached the six month step of not using magical powers. It's proved to be more difficult then she thought it would be, and Gabriel the archangel who is working on his own agenda. He steals half her soul because he thinks that she's the reason he can't get back into heaven.

Meanwhile, there is an unknown witch playing havoc with Amy, and it's making it so hard for her not to use magic to break the witch's power over her. Then there is Luc...Lucifer, who has the other half of her soul from when Amy was a practicing witch. She still has an attraction to him, which she hates because her boyfriend Adam, is actually the Adam and Amy knows that no one is more perfect then he is. But he's dealing with his own set of problems-mainly Eve, who is here to cause trouble thanks to Gabriel. Amy isn't going to let anything stop her from keeping the man of her dreams-Adam, or stop her from completing step 3 in Witches Anonymous.


The characters in this series are all fun, and I loved that all of my favorites returned in this one. Amy is such a feisty heroine. There are all these people pulling her in different directions. There is Luc who makes it known that he would love Amy to be by his side again, Gabriel who while he is supposed to be one of the good guys, tempts Amy like no body else to use magic. Then there is her best friend Keisha, who wants Amy to be good, but doesn't see the harm in using a little magic. Through each novella, Amy grows stronger in her belief not to use magic, and I love seeing her stay firm in her decision even with all the aforementioned forces working against her. She's just not going to let anything get in her way of becoming magic free.

Wicked Souls had the most religious undertones of all the novellas so far, but to me it just showed how much Amy is growing as a person trying to do the right thing. This was a super fast read, and when I'm done with each one I am always craving Dove candy bars (Amy's weakness) and ice cream. (Amy owns an ice cream shop) I can't wait to see what kind of trouble Amy gets into next!


Favorite Quote: 
The instant our bodies touched, the bars holding my magic back broke into a thousand tiny grains of sand and scattered everywhere. His fire magic ignited my air magic and burned through my body, an inferno of desperation, lust, and the most powerful black enchantment to ever exist. The two brain cells still yelling no, no, no in my head fell silent as fireworks detonated right under my skin.

Favorite Food quote that made me hungry:
The cool ice cream livened up my taste buds and slid down my throat with practiced ease. We‘d been eating liquid lunches for the past week, ever since Keisha tossed a scoop of Chocolate Raspberry Truffle together with two scoops of Raspberry Cheesecake on a whim and blended them into a frothy concoction of wickedness.

Curran Crush Meter: Medium (I'm a Luc fan)
Barrons Hero Hotness Meter: Medium
Martini Sigh Meter: Low
Gighul Sidekick Meter: Medium
Ethan/Merit Sizzle Meter: Medium ~though the romance is Pg-13 Luc and Amy and Amy Adam all have great chemistry.