Saturday, January 8, 2011

Review: My Fair Succubi by Jill Myles


Title:  My Fair Succubi 
Author: Jill Myles 
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Succubus Diaries #3
Number of Pages: 384
Publisher: Pocket Star










 Living as a succubus has a bit of a learning curve, but with sexy fallen angel Noah to scratch her sensual Itch, Jackie Brighton is finally starting to feel ahead of the game. She almost doesn’t miss her gorgeous vampire master Zane—or his sinful, teasing mouth. She’s trying to convince herself of that, anyway.
But Jackie’s past mistakes catch up with her, spinning her life out of control once more. Just as her friend Remy’s inner demon comes out to play, Noah and Jackie are arrested by the angelic Serim Council. When Jackie seizes the chance to escape, she falls right into Zane’s waiting arms. As she’s pulled into a game of cat and mouse between vampires and angels, she finds she must also choose between the two men in her life. Can she decide between Noah and Zane, or will she lose everything she’s ever wanted? Because there’s more at stake than just her heart. 


I discovered something in this third Succubi book. I'm totally Team Zane. I'm sorry Noah-as much as I was torn over who to choose from in the last two books, you bored me to tears in this one. Jackie, I defended you over and over again. I told people that no, you weren't TSTL, but in this book you came dangerously close several times to being TSTL. My thoughts on this book are kind of all over the place. I just wanted more..but not sure what I wanted more of. 

Maybe it was because I had the flu the when I read this, but while I found myself enjoying new characters like Ethan, I thought that the story took a long time to build. Jackie was still amusing, I thought she just should've been  a bit smarter in her actions after everything she's been through, and found myself missing Remy and Zane. I wish that they had been in more of the first part of the story then they were. I found myself also wishing Jackie would just make up her mind over who she liked: Zane or Noah and stick to that decision. It seems like with each book, Noah takes up half the book, and Zane the other half and it would be nice to have them more entangled in the storyline together somehow if that makes sense.

I'm not sure what it was, but My Fair Succubi  just didn't have the same feel as the other two books in this series had for me. That being said though, I still like Jackie, Noah, Remy and Zane enough to keep coming back for more!

Edited to add: I was so sick when I wrote this review, I forgot my meters. Here they are:


Curran Crush Meter: Low
Ethan/Merit Sizzle Meter: Low
Martini Sigh Meter: Low 
Rhiannon Kick Ass Heroine Meter: Low