Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Review: A Little Harmless Sex by Melissa Schroeder

Title: A Little Harmless Sex 
Author: Melissa Schroeder 
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Erotica 
Series: Harmless #1
Number of Pages: 193
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
  





  





I hope that everyone had a Happy New Years! I've been sick with one thing or another since New Years Eve so I haven't liked 2011 very much-and it's why I haven't posted anything in forever. I finally feel like I'm on the mend, but it's just been annoying being sick this time of year!
  

Every now and then a girl just needs a story that is just pure fun to lose herself in. A Little Harmless Sex did just that for me. This novella will forever hold a place in my heart because it was the first ever e-book that I read on my brand new Kindle, which I named Martini. (As in Jeff Martini from Touched by an Alien by Gini Koch)  The funniest or most horrifying part was that one of my brother in law's was in love with my kindle and kept peaking over my shoulder to read it. I told him: "G-this is a romance! A.Romance. I wouldn't keep reading over my shoulder if I were you.' Did he listen to his wise sister in law? Nope. When we got to a part that should how much Max wanted Ana I heard a gasp behind me and a "what are you reading?" Everyone laughed, and I told him: "G, I said to stop reading!" After that moment I had my kindle to myself and was able to read the rest of the story in peace. :) 

Ana and Max were unique because it was Max doing all the chasing to get Ana convinced that he was the right one for her instead of Ana mooning over Max the whole time. I loved how Max had to bring on his A game with Ana. She was one tough cookie-sure they had been friends forever, but a one night stand doesn't mean Ana is ready for a serious relationship with Max, especially after she just broke up with her last boyfriend and he with his finance. 

They both have a lot of issues to deal with- it annoys Ana that Max can be so controlling, & it annoys Max that Ana is so afraid of committing to something other then her business.  It was fun watching these two battle it out. Max knows that Ana is the one for him, and will stop at nothing to convince her of it. Ana finally admits to herself that she has had a crush on Max since college, but she is afraid if they take the next step that their friendship will be ruined forever and she's not sure she wants to risk that. The only problem I had with this story was that I thought the whole Ana's ex boyfriend from high school trying to make Max jealous just didn't seem to fit with who Max was.  All in all though, this was a great first book to read on my new kindle and was a great steamy read!

Curran Crush Meter: Medium 
Martini Sigh Meter: Medium 
Ethan/Merit Sizzle Meter: High