Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Review: Jingle Hells by Misty Evans


 Title: Jingle Hells
Author: Misty Evans
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Witches Anonymous #2 
Number of Pages: 43 
Source: Sent to me by the author to read








Word’s gotten around Heaven (and Hell) that Amy tricked the angel Gabriel and helped Adam with his second trial with temptation. Now Samson shows up on her doorstep looking for true love, and Delilah’s not far behind, insisting she wasn’t the one who cut off his hair.

In order to get both of them out of her ice cream shop and back into each others’ arms, Amy must become a relationship expert and a detective while completing Step Two of Witches Anonymous. But will believing in a higher power help Amy in her quest, or make matters worse? (goodreads.com)



I never thought I'd say this, but I have a soft spot for the devil. Or Luc as he prefers to be called. How can you resist a guy who is hot as sin and gives out Dove bars? I sure couldn't, but Amy is sure trying hard to give him up. It helps that she found him in bed with her sister Emilia in Witches Anonymous, the first book in this series, and that she's now dating Adam, a very cute firefighter who found out that he was The Adam and was given a new chance by the angel Gabriel, who turns out isn't so angelic. In fact he messed things up so badly that Amy is having a hard time getting past Step 2 in the Witches Anonymous 13 step program: "believing a power higher than myself could restore me to sanity."  All the other ex witches in the group are on step 9, but Amy's not so sure she'll ever get there, but she keeps trying.

It's hard though to give up magic when magical things keep happening...like when Amy was trying to be a good hostess for the Witches Anonymous meeting and Samson, yes that Samson shows up at her ice cream parlor wanting help. He heard about Amy through the grapevine and thought that she was the perfect person to help him out-he just wants to marry Delilah.

Amy does her best to help them, but it's hard when they are destroying her apartment with their fights, and that her boyfriend Adam comes back from his journey to find his roots to find her in the arms of Luc. Then there's this mysterious cat that adopts Amy, even though Amy is quite happy with the two cats she has...It doesn't help matters when Amy gets visits from councils who work for both good and evil who are trying to stop her from helping out Samson. Then there is her older sister, who just keeps causing trouble. How in the world will Amy keep Luc and Adam from going at it while helping Samson out? Sometimes it's so hard being good!

I loved how even though this novella was short, it packed a punch and my favorite characters from the first novella returned. Misty Evans novellas are great because they aren't your typical paranormal romances. There's always a twist to them. Amy is such a great heroine-she's sassy, witty and full of fun. I love seeing her grapple with trying to be good. Luc is such a good fall guy for everything that goes wrong-after all, he is the devil. I have to admit that I'm on Team Luc. Adam is nice and all, but I just have a soft spot for the bad boys. This is the perfect holiday read-it's short, sweet, and pure fun.


Favorite quotes:

"A Witches Anonymous meeting is a cross between Twitter and the dentist's chair. There's a lot of meaningless social banter, but eventually, someone has to go under the drill."

"Before I could utter a word, his ardor engulfed me and so did his arms. He lifted me off the floor as he brought his lips down to mine. The attack was so unexpected, so intense, I didn‟t even utter a no or put up a struggle. For a few beats of my heart, my body and my magic went under his spell.
That‟s the thing with Luc. His human form is as tantalizing to me as dark chocolate. He smells like wood burning in a fireplace, looks like a Roman god, and the way his fingers, breath and tongue run over my body, feels like a warm waterfall. To fulfill my fantasy, he tastes like the perfect, thick square of dark chocolate. Dove. Godiva. Ghirardelli. They‟ve got nothing on Lucifer."

Curran Crush Meter: Medium
Martini Sigh Meter: Medium
Barrons Hero Hotness Meter: Medium

Rhiannon Kick Ass Heroine Meter: High