Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Castle Grovel Post

 
When Castle first started, Tasha from Freedom, Truth, Beauty & Books told me that I had to watch it-that I would love it. I'm not sure why but I never got around to watching it, but I think it had something to do with Monday Night Football. My priorities were so wrong. Fast forward to a few months ago when one of my favorite authors (Touched By an Alien and Alien Tango) Gini Koch found out that I didn't watch Castle. She was aghast. Tasha was aghast that I hadn't taken her advice eons ago to watch it. Throw in Bells from Hanging with Bells, and I didn't stand a chance. What could I do when they teemed up against me? I watched the season 3 premiere of Castle to appease them, not knowing how much I would love the show. It was love at first sight! Here are the top 5 reasons why I love Castle:


5. Ryan & Esposito & Lanie-I love these side characters! They make me laugh out loud. I love how Ryan & Esposito love Castle's outlandish theories, yet are always loyal to Beckett. Lanie is great because she's a strong female sidekick. She's not afraid to tell Beckett or Castle when they are wrong and is super smart.


4.Alexis-Castle's daughter.  She's wise beyond her years, and I love how she makes Castle see the light in a mystery case.

3.Martha Rogers-Castle's Mother. She's great comic relief, and I keep rooting for her to land a major Broadway role! 

2. Beckett- She's one of the best female leads on tv. She's smart and doesn't take crap from anyone. The only thing that could improve is her wardrobe. Seasons one and two saw her in some awful tops, and this is coming from someone who normally doesn't notice stuff like that.

1. Castle- Nathan Fillion is awesome as Castle. He's quirky and you never know what he'll do next. His outlandish stories about how the murder happen have me lolz a lot!

There are just two tiny little things that bug me about this show.

1.) Becketts tops. I realize it wasn't the most popular show on tv when it started, but haven't they done well enough to warrant a better wardrobe for Beckett? You know it's bad when I notice stuff like this because I could care less about fashion-but her tops in seasons 1 and 2 just looked awkward on her.

2.) The mysteries-They are pretty easy to figure out. I'm not sure if this is done on purpose or not, but I'd like to be stumped by a crime more then I am with this show..but if I'm honest I don't watch the show so much for the storylines as I do for Nathan Fillion.  The guy is hot!


All in all this is one of my favorite shows and I look forward to watching it every Monday Night. Thanks to Tasha and Gini Koch for talking me into watching it! I wish this could have been a better Grovel Post, but I am down and out with a stupid cold and this is the best I could do.