Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Review: Grimspace by Ann Aguirre



Title: GrimSpace
Author: Ann Aguirre 
Genre: Sci Fi/Romance 
Series: Sirantha Jax #1







All I have to say about this book is Wow, or as Jax would say: "Oh Mary!" This book just doesn't stop. The action starts on page one and doesn't stop. I must say I'm glad I didn't find this series when it first started, because I don't know how I could have stood the wait between books. It must have been painfully slow!

Jax is a navigator. She can pilot ships through something called Grimspace. She has a rare gift because of her genes, and she knows it. It makes her cocky and unshakable...until she becomes the sole survivor of a crash landing. The crash landing and the deaths of all 80 some people aboard the ship are blamed on her. She has no memory of what happened, but she's in jail with no hope of release. That is until March and his group of rogue fighters free her from prison. Her freedom does come at a price though-they need her help in opening up their own trade routes, which isn't easy to do as the government controls all the people who are like Jax and able to navigate Grimspace. 

This is one of those books where after you read the book, you realize whatever description is given of the plot it just doesn't do the book justice. There are so many different story lines wrapped into one that it's almost impossible to describe them all. I'll just say I love the chemistry between Jax and March. There is just enough of a romance to want you coming back for more, but it doesn't take over the whole book. The rest of the crew is great-you feel like you are right there with them as all the action is taking place.  All I have to say is that this book is a must read, and don't let the sci fi nature of the book scare you. It's an easy read and will keep you wanting more. 

Curran Crush Meter: High 
Ethan/Merit Sizzle Meter: High 
Rhinnaon Kick Ass Heroine Meter: High 
Barrons Hero Hotness Meter: High 
Sigh Meter: High 
Favorite Sigh Quote: "I'll always come for you Jax."
Double Cross Curse Meter: Medium. I thought Jax was just a little to mean to March at times.