Sunday, October 10, 2010

Read A Thon Wrap Up



1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
The first two hours, because it was hard getting into reading after working all day.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

The Hunger Games trilogy, The House Of Night books by P.C. & Kristen Cast are great reads because they are fast paced Young Adult books.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
To have more Mr. Linkys at the end of each hour and to have a spot where people can share their twitter and or fb page. As a cheerleader, I would've loved to have used all three mediums to cheer people on.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

The mini challenges and prizes were great this time around!

5. How many books did you read?
I only read one and a half books. This was my own fault because for two reasons: 1.) I worked most of the day and 2.) I made mistake of putting Castle, Season 1 in the dvr. I fell in love with the show!

6. What were the names of the books you read?

Marked by P.C. & Kristen Cast & Primal Attraction by Sydney Somers

7. Which book did you enjoy most? 

Primal Attraction by Sydney Somers. What's not to love about Gargoyle shape shifters?

8. Which did you enjoy least?

I enjoyed both of them equally!

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
Spread out your cheerleading time...I did mine all in the morning, and didn't have any energy left to do it at night.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I'm totally doing the Read A Thon again, and am just going to be a reader.