Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Review: Size Matters by Stephanie Julian


Title: Size Matters
Author: Stephanie Julian 
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Number of pages: 73






 
This is one of those books that I saw so many positive reviews for that after reading yet another glowing one from Fiction Vixen I decided enough was enough. I had to read this book and see what all the fuss was about. I am so glad that I did. It was the best $4.95 I've spent in a long time! Once I started reading this book, and couldn't stop. I had it read in 45 minutes flat.
It's rare that a book captivates me from the first sentence, but this one did. It had me laughing and feeling all tingly through the entire book. 

Carrie Benton doesn't have your typical reporting job. She works for the Weekly News Journal. She loves it because she gets to write fun articles about UFOs, crop circles, ghosts and other weird stuff. It's a world away from the serious journalism she grew up with, and she likes it that way. She's covered a lot of unusual stuff at the paper, but when her boss calls her at the last minute to cover a Bigfoot sighting she's not happy. She'd rather spend her evening indoors instead of driving out into the middle of nowhere in a snowstorm.  

Her horrible evening continues when her car breaks down during the snowstorm. She starts walking convinced that there has got to be a house nearby. She passes out and is found by Tim Sattazahn who wonders what the tall red head is doing in his woods. When Carrie awakens she can't remember how she got into the bed of the very cute stranger...she just knows that she has to have him. Carrie and Tim spend a very hawt time together, but Tim knows it can't last because she's looking for bigfoot...and he knows that she just found him. How will the two ever get together?

There are so many great things about this book that I'm not sure where to begin. It not only had me laughing out  loud the entire time, but had me loving the chemistry between Carrie and Tim. The chemistry  was smokin'. I wanted more and more....which is unusual for a novella-normally novellas are so short that I have a hard time feeling attached to any of the characters. Such was not the case here. I fell in love with both Carrie and Tim-even the whole obligatory we can't be together part worked in this novella. I find myself now wanting to read Stephanie Julian's entire back list.

Favorite Quote: Nuzzling her nose in his neck, she breathed in deep, his scent musky woodsy and a little smoky. Kind of like sex and good barbecue. Did he taste as good as he smelled? She flicked his skin with her tongue. Salty, heady. All man. Yumm-O, as Rachael Ray would say about some thirty-minute, fat bomb of a meal. If this was the main course, who needed freakin’ dessert?

Second Favorite Quote: Damn, the guy was sexy as hell. Even his feet turned her on. They were lean and long and… Oh, for chrissakes, she was lusting after his feet.

Curran Crush Meter: High 
Sigh Meter: High 
Ethan/Merit Sizzle Meter: High 
Barrons Hero Hotness Meter: High