Thursday, August 5, 2010

Review: City of Ghosts by Stacia Kane

Title: City of Ghosts
Author: Stacia Kane
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Downside Ghosts #3









Dear Terrible and Chess,
I don't know how you've managed to do it, but some how you wormed your way into my heart. I'm still not sure how you did it, because you are two of the most unlikely heroes and heroines that I've ever read. Your stories are compelling and tear at my heart.

Your pasts are awful and make you distrustful of everyone and everything. You only let the world see how tough you are. Chess, I know that you work for the Church of the Real Truth, and it's your job to debunk hauntings, but I think you needed to trust Terrible more. I know that your current case had you under a binding curse that kept you from telling Terrible and those around you about the murders you were trying to solve, I think that you could have told him sooner what your relationship with with Lex was all about, because waiting for the two of you to realize that you needed each other was almost too much to bear. There was so much action with this case of yours that I think I said "OMG" more times then I ever have when reading a book.

Terrible, there were so many times I wanted to shake you for being so mean to Chess, but I have to admit that at the end-especially the bathroom scene, made me forgive you for it. So many sigh worthy moments were to be had-and of course a lot of "OMG" moments. I loved how you were there for Chess when it mattered most, and you made me swoon a bit at the end of the book.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the two of you really are the most amazing characters I've read in a long time, I'm glad that you didn't let me down with this last book. You've earned a place in my favorites list of 2010.Thank you for being so out of the ordinary, and I think that I will always have "Terrible Fever." I


Love, 


A Buckeye Girl Reads

Crush Meter: Broken...due to the highness of my Terrible Fever
Sigh Meter: Super High "Chessiebomb."
Ethan/Merit Sizzle Meter:  Also temporarily broken due to the sizzleness of the Bathroom Scene
Barrons Hero Hotness Meter: Broken...due to Terrible's  well, Terribleness.
Sleep Meter: Low (You will be up all night finishing it!)
OMG Meter: High (I can't remember the last time I said OMG in any book!)

Thanks to Tasha at Truth, Beauty & Freedom of Books for suggesting a letter for this post!