Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer Challenges: Everything Austen II and Venice Reading Challenge

My name is Colette and I am Reading Challenge Addict. As I've finished up all of the challenges I signed up for in January, I decided I was in withdrawal and needed to add a couple more for the summer! Last year when I was a new blogger, the Everything Austen Challenge hosted by Stephanie's Written Word helped me find so many great blogs and I had such a great time doing it that when I discovered she was having an Everything Austen II challenge I knew I had to do it! It was my first official challenge, and holds a special place in my heart. :) I also drove my family crazy with all of my Jane Austen talk, so it will be fun to drive them crazy again this summer.

Here is my list of  Everything Austen II Challenge books:
1. Sense and Sensibility-the book
2. Mansfield Park
3. Pride, Prejudice and Jasmin Field: A Novel by Melissa Nathan
4. Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
5.  Jane Austen Cookbook-cook a meal from the book
6. According to Jane by Marilyn Bryant
A few extras just in case:
The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James
Lost In Austen-Loved, loved, loved this movie!


The Venice Challenge
This challenge is being hosted by the wonderful Tasha at Truth, Beauty Freedom and Books. The goal is to read 6 books about Venice. Here are the ones I've chosen:

The Secret of the Glass by Donna Russo Morin
Meet Me in Venice- Elizabeth Adler
The Glassblower of Murano by Marina Fiorato
The Rosetti Letter