Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Book List Meme: What are your 3 Favorite Eras to Read About?


The Book List is just a short and fun meme that allows you to share books and make a list of books hosted by Lost In Books todays question is:



What are your 3 Favorite Eras to Read About?:

 I'm not sure what it is about these time periods that make my heart go all a-flutter, but they just do! I'd love to talk more about why I love each time period-but I think it just comes down to the fact that I'm able to lose myself in each time period, and who doesn't love reading about Kings & Queens and a roguish Earl?

1.Victorian Period, England (1837-1901) I fell in love with this time period while reading Christina Dodd's The Governess Series. I also recently discovered Lisa Kleypas' The Wallflower series books and I can't wait to read all of them!A new favorite author of this time period is Leanna Renee Hieber with her Strangely Beautiful series.

2. Regency Period England (1795-1830) The first historical romance book I read fell into this category: A Gentle Rogue by Johanna Lindsey and I've been in love with the time period ever since. 
 I just found this site: The Good Ton and it gives a great list of everything Regency. I can't wait to check it out! I also discovered a site that has free ebooks in this time period: http://www.publicbookshelf.com/regency/  Don't you love what you can find on google?
Favorite authors who write in this time period: Julia Quinn, Judith McNaught, Johanna Lindsey, Julie Garwood, Amanda Quick (Her early stuff only) and Catherine Coulter.

3.The Roman Empire- I blame this on one too many Beatrice Small books-she wrote her books at the very end of the Roman Empire and fell in love with Shiekhs and the like.

4. Tudor Period, England (1485 and 1603) -Thank you to Books Just Books blog and she mentioned Tudor England as a favorite, and I can't believe I left that one off my list!


Honorable mentions: Anything set in the highlands when Clans ruled the land, and my newest obsession-YA  dystopian novels set in the future.

What are your favorite eras to read about?