Saturday, October 24, 2009

Take A Chance Challenge


The Take A Chance Challenge, hosted by the wonderful Jenners at Find Your Next Book Here has been so much fun! Challenge #5 was to open a random page in the phone book, pick a name and find a book by the author whose name you picked. Of course I didn't get an easy name. I got Oliver. Luckily for me there was Anne Oliver, who writes for Harlequin Presents and had a ton of books to choose from. My local library had Marriage At The Millionaire's Command. Don't you love the names of Harlequin Romances?

This was set in Syndey, Australia and I love books set in places I want to go but haven't been to. The plot is your typical Harelquin Presents storyline: Girl gets dumped, meets another (extremely rich) guy, has her way with him, finds out that she is *gasp* pregant, they get married, have a misunderstanding, seperate and then reconcile and live happily ever after.  It wasn't a bad read, and I chose it for my first book in the read a thon because I knew I could finish it quickly. It had a lot of great Lolz lines like: "His  lips curved in the grey tropical night. My pleasure, Carissa Mary."  (pg.115)

Now for challenge #9:  Write a book review in three different forms of verse: haiku, limerick and free verse. 
Here goes nothing!
Limerick: 
Harlequins are good for a laugh 
or for a quick read in the bath 
   They are great fun
 when you are in the sun 

Haiku: 
Carissa followed signs
they gave her to her true love
he was mysterious 


FreeVerse:


Oh how I love Harlequin Presents.
They are set in faraway lands. The
men are mysterious, rich and hot.

The words the characters say
make me laugh, but are meant
to make me swoon.