Monday, October 12, 2009

What Are You Reading Monday?



It's Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event to celebrate what we are reading for the week as well as books completed the previous week. Feel free to pile on a little extra. This is a weekly meme from J Kaye's Book Blog.

I haven't done this in awhile-mainly because I've been in a reading slump. Don't you hate it when that happens? Here is what I read last week:

Digging For the Truth: One Man's Epic Journey by Josh Bernstein. I read this for Heidenkind's Art History Challenge. I loved the show when it was on the History Chanel and thought it'd be cool to see what happened behind the scenes. The book had great pictures, but it turns out Josh was a bit of a complainer when it came to the norms of serious international travel. (ie nasty little stomach bugs and weird insect bites.)

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer- I found this book through Andrea at the Little Bookworm. She has a great review up of the sequel to this book-The Dead and Gone. The third book, This World We Live in comes out in 170 days according to Susan's website. She's also taking a poll to see if anyone's interested an a ARC of this book. This book disturbed me on so many levels. It tells the story of how a metor crashes into the moon and everything that is affected by the moon-the tides, volcanoes, earthquakes and the weather and what happens when natural resources are no longer available.
About halfway through the book I wanted to run to the supermarket and stock up on stuff I would need if something like this really happened. I finished the book yesterday, and still have the insane need to write down stuff I don't have, but think I'll need. (Like skis, canned soup, bottled water, woodstove etc.)

Books I plan to read this week:

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
The Goddess of the Hunt By Tessa Dare