Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer TV

Here's what I'm watching this summer:

Merlin-
This show is about Merlin, Arthur, Guinevere and Morganna when they were younger. Arthurs dad, the King of Camelot has forbidden magic of any kind and punishes those who practice. The catch? Merlin has powers. He's not sure why he has them, and is just learning how to use them. He almost gets caught using magic every week. This storyline could get old fast, but I'm still enjoying seeing how he gets himself out of trouble so far. The characters are slightly annoying, but I love this show despite that or because of that quirk. I'm not sure if it's John Hurt's voice as the dragon, Arthur and Merlins cuteness or the fact that there isn't anything else on during its timeslot, but I've fallen in love with this show.

Warehouse 13- This is just a sad version of a Sanctuary/Torchwood rip off, but I just know I'm going to be suckered into this show. Two Secret Service agents are recruited by the mysterious Mrs. Frederick to work at Warehouse 13 in South Dakota. I'm guessing it's supposed to be like Area 51 or the lesser known Hangar 18 at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. (Hanger 18 is where they took the Roswell Aliens. I know this because I grew up right near the base and grew up on this lore.)

My Life On The D List- My sisters and I think we are the only straight women who watch this show. I've liked Kathy ever since she was on NewsRadio, Suddenly Susan and the little watched reality show The Mole. (She won the celebrity version.)

WipeOut- Is it wrong that I enjoy laughing at people who could quite possibly get hurt wiping out on this show? It's hilarious! My middle sister got me watching this she and her husband love the show. They say they started watching it because her husband knows the brother of Jon Henson, but I'm not so sure about that...

Ghost Hunters International-Another show on the SciFi channel. (I refuse to call it SyFy.) I started watching the Original version of Ghost Hunters right before season 2 started. They had a marathon of shows on day, and I loved how they worked to disprove a haunting rather then prove one. We're on season three of this spin off, and I don't know why but this show has trouble keeping cast members. While Robb and Dustin are no Jason and Grant, they are still fun to watch!

Excited to watch:

TORCHWOOD
, Children of the Earth!!!! This is my favorite show on tv right now. July 20th can not come fast enough for me! I hope I'm not disappointed by the long wait we've had after season 2...

Big Brother: Every summer I swear I won't watch this show..and have only been successful twice in succeeding. What can I say, the Chen Bot draws me in with her inability to remember contestant names. (Good thing she's dating the boss of CBS.)