Thursday, April 4, 2013

Guest Post: Alpha Males by Megan Slayer



Please help me welcome author Megan Slayer to A Buckeye Girl Reads! I was lucky enough to meet her last year at the Lori Foster Reader/Author Get Together and can't wait to see her this year! Today she's here talking about alpha males!! 

Taking Charge

I want to thank Colette for having me here today. I love talking about my heroes and I love hanging out with my friends. J I can’t wait to see everyone this year at the Lori Foster Reader and Author Get Together!
Colette asked me to talk about alpha males. I love taking hot men, so this wasn’t hard. In my latest book, Hot Laps, my hero, Will is totally in charge. He’s a driver in the truck series of racing and even though he gives up control when he’s on track, he’s in total control in the bedroom.
Why write an alpha male? Good question. I don’t necessarily set out to write a specific character. I listen to what the character wants and how he/she feels, then I write their story. Sometimes I end up with super strong, controlled characters like Will. Other times, not. The change-up is nice. Variety is the spice of life. But with Will, he had to be strong. Why? He spends his time with his life in danger. The life of a race car/truck driver means you could potentially die at any time on the track. Crash in the wrong spot, hit the wrong person, miscalculations... it’s dangerous. But he loves it. He’s also a dominant. He craves the control, but also the release when he’s pleasing his sub. In Hot Laps, his sub is his crew chief, Adam. Adam’s very dominating in his own right. He’s the one who calls the shots on track and tells Will what to do. When the race is over and the truck is put away, it’s Adam who needs the stress relief. He needs to be cared for in the way Will can do the best. And boy, it’s hot.
I’m not a very dominating, alpha person. I’m the type who will talk to anyone and can deal with more or less any situation, but alpha? Not me. I like surrendering control here and there. So writing someone who is alpha and totally in charge is my way of living vicariously through my characters and doing things I’d normally not do. It’s fun!
Here’s a little bit more about Hot Laps!
Track Domination Series, Book One
 Racing hearts and race trucks…things happen fast on track.
 Adam Lowry is known in the racing community as the best crew chief. He doesn’t pull punches or put up with diva antics from drivers no matter what. But there is one man he never quite got over. Will Camden, his former lover and now the latest addition of the Flash Racing team.
All Will Camden needed was a second chance to prove he’s got what it takes to race with the big dogs in the truck series. When he’s asked to fill in for another driver at Flash, he’s determined to make the best of the situation. Knowing his ex is his crew chief is bonus points.
Can they make the jump from being a solid team on the track to solid in bed or will they crash and burn before the end of the race?

Available from:


Title: Hot Laps
Author: Megan Slayer
Genre: M/M Contemporary 
Series: Track Domination, book one
Publisher: Resplendence 








Synopsis: 
Racing hearts and race trucks…things happen fast on track.

Adam Lowry is known in the racing community as the best crew chief. He doesn’t pull punches or put up with diva antics from drivers no matter what. But there is one man he never quite got over. Will Camden, his former lover and now the latest addition of the Flash Racing team.

All Will Camden needed was a second chance to prove he’s got what it takes to race with the big dogs in the truck series. When he’s asked to fill in for another driver at Flash, he’s determined to make the best of the situation. Knowing his ex is his crew chief is bonus points.

Can they make the jump from being a solid team on the track to solid in bed or will they crash and burn before the end of the race?



Author Bio:
When she's not writing the stories in her head, Megan Slayer can be found luxuriating in her hot tub with her two vampire Cabana boys, Luke and Jeremy. She has the tendency to run a tad too far with her muse, so she has to hide in the head of her alter ego, but the boys don't seem to mind.
When she’s not obsessing over her whip collection, she can be found picking up her kidlet from school. She enjoys writing in all genres, but writing about men in love suits her fancy best. The cabana boys are willing to serve, unless she needs them. She always need them. So be nice to Javier or he will bite--on command.
She also masquerades under the name Wendi Zwaduk and is published through Changeling Press, Decadent Publishing , Liquid Silver Books, MLR Press, Resplendence Publishing, and Total-E-Bound Publishing.

Where to find Megan: